There is a list of a few questions you must ask yourself when looking to add decorative accents to your living room. Don’t worry, no need to ask a designer to do it. Here are 5 simple questions you might ask yourself before adding decorations to your living room:
- Which color scheme are you using in your living room?
- What kind of ambiance do you want to make?
- Is there a common theme in your living room (florals, vintage, monochrome)? Do you want to keep this theme or change it?
- Where do you want to add decorations?
- Why do you want to add decorations?
Based on these questions, you should be able to make a good choice.
Now, little tips and advice to help you make a better choice:
- First of all, if you have kids, it is not recommended to choose fragile decorations like a glass vase or pottery for places they can reach. Adding some decorative candles and/or printed pillows can be a good alternative.
- Make sure that you find the same color at least in 3 items and not more than 5 colors (different tones don’t count as a different color if they are similar). Too many different colors in the same room make it hard to match them.
- Don’t be afraid to use textures and patterns, but not more than 3 (you don’t want your living room decor to be inconsistent). Choosing a theme helps to choose the textures and patterns.
- Keep in mind the size of the room while you’re shopping; too much decoration rarely gives good results and make the small rooms seem smaller.
- Adding decorative pillows can make all the difference, you might try this before adding anything else.
Content provided by: @tailbase